Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I need ideas friends!!!


OK, I just found out that the donation is now likely to be 5,000 required now instead of the 3,000 for the orphanage donation. It has not increased in 16 years so I can see why but I have to come up with an extra 2,000 by late June. And in case you didn't notice my "chip in" has not taken off like I had hoped. I want to make this fun and more successfull So I am going to have a raffle. I have friends who are adopting a special needs child from China too and on their blog they are raffling off a Nintendo Wii. One "ticket so to speak is 5.00 and so if they donate say 10.00 to the "Chip In" they are entered twice. The Wii will come out of the fund and be shipped via UPS to the winner. Their raffle has done very well so they are closer to bringing their darling little girl home. I need an idea. I am trying to decide what I can raffle off. What do you all want a chance at winning? I have some ideas. I will list them. Leave your comments and help me decide! If you have a suggestion I would love to hear it. My son is on the other side of the globe and it kills me every day. His braces on his legs are too small causing bruises, he needs his Mom and Dad, he needs his brothers, he needs to run around on our sod farm and get all dirty. He needs to meet his Mom's amazing friends and his new great extended family. Please , spread the word about the raffle and have fun with it. Even a little bit can make a big difference! Thank you so much for being a part of our life!
ok- I'll make my list of ideas now so I don't babble on and start to cry!!
1. Wii
2. 4 sessions with the greatest new "Food Coach". (that would be Me)
3. 200.00 worth of gas.
4. A family photo session with Sarah Stokes Photography -
5. 200.00 gift card to "Pottery Barn Kids"
6. A custom made scrap book ready for the pictures-could be a baby book, a life book or whatever you choose!!
7. Maid service(If you live in the area) for a month.(once a week)
8. Target gift card worth 200.00
9.An Ipod and a music download gift card.
10 A digital camera

OK there are some of my thoughts. Give me feedback and I will get this up and running! I can't wait for you all to meet and love our little boy! Now lets help him and other kiddos in his orphanage-they deserve heat, food, education and love . Let's go help!!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh girl! Maid service for a month??? Where do I sign up??? LOL

Seriously, I think all of your ideas are awesome! We do 50/50 drawings at our kids' school. The cheerleaders collect money during the football game and someone wins half of it when they draw a name and the school gets the other half. Maybe you could do a 75/25 drawing. Everyone loves CASH! :)

Hugs!
Sharon

Jensen Family said...

I think all your ideas sound great. I especially like the pottery barn, target, and pictures from Sarah ideas.

Momtofour said...

They are all super ideas. I know one family did GREAT with raffling a digital camera, and another did great raffling an ipod. I ALWAYS think cash is a good thing too... almost anyone would go for that! The maid services would limit you to folks in your area, as would the cooking lessons, so you may want to do something that would allow people from all over to contribute. You'll do great!

Angela (Sophie Isabella's mama)