Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jonah and Jin Pei at Jinhua




This was taken with a disposable camera I sent in March for his birthday. Of course he is hanging out with Jin Pei. I have lots of others but most are just Jonah in front of various spots around the orphanage. They looked like those two "ruled the school". Jonah picked some goldfish out for Jin Pei today at the store. So cute.

Well, we are headed out on his first camping trip. We have been packing the trailor for 2 days now with lots of food and fun snacks. We have baked cookies and done all kinds of things to prepare. This morning in very broken english Jonah told me " I like camping" . I thought it was great he loves it and we aren't even out of the driveway yet!

4 comments:

Mom2Three said...

GOLDFISH? Oh man -- I guess I better get the fishtank going! I was planning on doing that AFTER we got back from China!
:-)
You guys might not only have to meet us at the airport, but you might have to spend the night! The boys will need to talk each other's ears off for a few hours at least!

But we have room, so we'll figure it out!
:-)
Cynthia
Jin Pei's mama
underthemistymountain.blogspot.com

marianne said...

Cynthia,
That sounds like fun! You are going to be soooooooooo tired it's smart to get a room and chill- We can help with Jin Pei while you take a nap! OH, by the way, Kai has been calling him Jin Zheng alot and well, we all have . He informed us today that he is Jonah, not Jin Zheng. I guess he likes his name after all. We don't really care one way or the other. He is darling either way!

Emily said...

Wow Mare! I finally got caught up on all your adventures in China. I am so happy for you and especially happy for Jonah and the wonderful family he is now a part of. We were gone the same time as you, so I am slow catching up on everyone's blogs, but I am so glad you documented it. What a great experience. What a lucky boy that little Jonah is!!!

Kelly said...

How did he do camping? Just wondering ...

Kelly O'Rourke
www.easttowestorourke.com