Monday, August 4, 2008

Look at her now








`ok


I was having just one of those days today and needed some time alone, so I sat down at my computer and started to rummage through my family pictures-the ones of the kids that always , always bring a smile to my face. Well, sure enouph as I stared at this picture of Mia I teared up. She came to us a little over two years ago. She was 22 months old and was our first adoption and our first girl. All of us were uneasy but so smitten by this little ball of fire. We have all been sucked in by her chortle of a laugh and have been charmed by her cheesy grin. She is bossy, girly and tough. She rules her brothers with the whip of her pink feather boa and loves every minute of it. She has welcomed Jonah with open arms as she does everyone who walks in the door. She was Phoebe on list 20 now she is Mia Mallory, a forever member of our family. Ups, downs and in betweens, she is why we had the desire to adopt again and go out on a limb. She has changed us all for the better and we hold on to her for dear life.


Enjoy the pictures!

8 comments:

Kresta said...

What a beautiful little girl!

Mom2Three said...

Hey! If you're only going to have one daughter in your sea of boys, I think you got the pick of them all!!!
:-)
Much love from Oregon,
Cynthia

Kamandemmi said...

Your daughter is gorgeous! The photos are exquisite as well.

Amy said...

She is so beautiful. That last picture I think she looks just like Presley!! I hope to meet her someday! Amy in Arizona

marianne said...

Amy,
She does look a bit like Presley doesn't she?
Mare

Marilyn said...

Mare, Oh my gosh, your baby is all grown up and gorgeous! Sarah does such a fantastic job with the photos, I wonder if she could make me look that good? Really, what a blessing Mia is to all of us, she teaches us about resilience and love, what a lucky mom to have her in your life forever!

steph said...

She is beautiful and you are amazing!

Jaeson and Traci Repscher said...

Marianne,
I happened on you blog off Geanie Brackenberry's (can't remember her married name). I hope it is okay if I check in every now and then. You guys are amazing and I admire your kindness and you do your part in the world. My mom keeps me filled in on some of your happenings. Glad to see that all is well for you and your family. -Traci