Sunday, October 19, 2008

I have been tagged

I have bben tagged by my friend Amy who brought home the beautiful Presley Clair this year from China. I am supposed to list 7 obscure facts about me so here goes. I am pretty open and it seems I wear my heart on my sleeve, so I don't know if anything will be a big shocker but I'll give it a try.
1. I am obsessed with airplanes. I LOVE to fly. When I was a little girl my dad used to take me to the base of the international runway at LAX and we would watch the huge jumbo jets make their landing. It felt like we could touch the belly of those planes as we watched from the hood of our car. Good times:)

2. I am a closet writer. I love to write poetry when no one is looking. I love to read quotes that can change me/you in some way for good.

3. I am pretty sure I have "adult ADHD" I always have my mind going in 17 directions. No wonder I never get anything done!! Maybe I need medication!! Ha Ha

4. I'll try anything once. I want to live my life having tried anything once! There is such a big world out there. You don't have to follow the crowd to be happy.......... Heck, I even pulled my child out of school one day 4 years ago and homeschooled him ever since-( except for one year) CRAZY huh? It turned out to be a wonderful experience I never thought I'd do. This taught me that you should always keep an open mind or you might lose out on life's greatest adventures!

5. I too want to LIVE in China someday and help children in orphanages.

6. I have a nasty family history of breast cancer in my family so at the age of 30 I went in for a "new pair". I'll just leave it at that. Let's just say now my chances of getting BC are less than yours!!:)

7. When I was a kid, I thought Jesus lived in the moon!:)- Now I still know he is always near.:)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Too funny!! I too wonder if I've developed adult ADD!! Is that possible?? I think having kids just does that too you. I will go to do one thing and end up doing 3 other things instead. It's crazy!!

I didn't know you had a "new pair!" What a great mom you are to do that, to not take any chances with your health, and to be around to see your grandkids.

Maybe we could talk our husbands into moving to China someday and opening our own foster care home like Amanda did at the Starfish Home in Xi'an!! That way Presley and Ashton wouldn't have a whole lot of people to date but each other!!!

Amy in Arizona

marianne said...

Cool! Let's do it!
Mare

Sarah Stokes said...

Mare - you crazy women!!