Tuesday, June 2, 2009











I debated whether to post this experience I had last night with Jonah, but something inside of me said I needed to. Last night Jonah, Jack, and I went to the store. On the way there Jonah told me about how in "his China" ( usually when he says this he is talking about his orphanage) he had 7 friends die!!! Now knowing that in China, orphans die all the time of things that are very minor to us, like flu, pneumonia, and other very treatable things. Then there are the orphans who have heart defects or some other correctable condition , well, ........correctable to us here in the US anyway.He then proceeded to tell me that in China , when his friends died they got put "in the fire". This made sense since all people get creamated there after death. He told me that he "saw his friend go to sleep and die, then he had to go to the fire". My little boy saw death up close and personal at such a young age. ....... These kids , or "his friends" as he put it,are kids just like any other, like any of yours or mine. They died........alone. Yes there were rotating nannies and the other orphans around them but who held them as they were sick or suffering? How scared were they, dying alone?? I have been there , to orphanages in China. Some are nicer than others but they all have one thing in common. They are filled to the brim with beautiful little children who need a Momma!!!!!!!! They are beautiful individuals, have their own personalities,their own little hearts, fears and dreams. When I look at my Jonah I see a sensitive, smart(scary smart), funny little man who has the world at his feet!!( interesting choice of words since he was abandoned because he had clubbed feet).......
PLEASE.........if you have ever even had a SINGLE THOUGHT about international adoption, think about it again!!!!!!!!!!!! Please understand that these kids deserve a chance not only for a family, but to LIVE!!!!!! ... I am so sad today for all those perfect little people who are left behind...
It's like the parable of the starfish........you know where the old man spends hours throwing starfish from the shore into the sea so that they might live. A man approaches him and asks "why are you doing that?.... You cannot save them all, you see there are miles and miles and thousands and thousands of them." The old man picked up yet another starfish and threw him back into the sea where he could live another day.......and said " It made a difference to THAT ONE"...
I will try to post some before and after pictures of my adopted kiddos who are forever part of me....I couldn't breathe a breath without them in my life..... THEY are the greatest gift let me tell you!! They bring me more joy than I could EVER bring them... They make me laugh, cry( I mean cry in a good way:) most of the time:) and smile every day!! What amazing little creatures they are!!!!!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Your kids are so sweet! You are a saint! I have adopted siblings and can't imagine life without them. Good luck with the coming adoption. I added your blog to my list - you can check out mine if you want - http://thelifeofatuningchick.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

oh my....
A heavy Heart today for those who
are alone...
Kelly

Marilyn said...

So glad you have your sweet babies! I know you would love to save every single one of them but the Lord has a plan for them too. Keep doing all you can and He will see to it that they find their families "in His time"! You're AWESOME!

chris said...

Mare,
Thank you for sharing that experience. Jonah is such a gem...his tenderness just floors me. Can't wait for baby girl to come home. Lots of love!

Kelly said...

Thank you for sharing that.
Mark shared memories like these as well, and as he did so, Yuyu nodded his head in agreement and whispered, "yeah, uh-uh." Mark went into graphic details about what he saw; it was truly horrific. Our kids have seen too much suffering, and the kids left behind are still suffering. May God lead each of us to do what we can to make this world a little more fair, a little more kind, a little less cruel.