Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Silent Auction for my China Doll


We are getting down to the last few months before the big trip to get our little girl. I have been doing side jobs( food coaching) and a garage sale to help with the orphanage donation .......that being said, we are still trying to find ways to bring our daughter home ie. the required orphanage donation of 5,000.00 . I have decided to do a car wash this Saturday at Stokes Fresh food Market! If you don't need your car washed then come down for some yummy chocolate cake( yes my famous Aunt Kerry's recipe) and other goodies. The Orphanage donation has gone UP by a couple thousand dollars since our last adoption and is on top of the other adoption expenses. These orphanages don't have heat, rationed food many times, few luxuries to say the least and my daughter has been there for 3 nd a half years! I cannot wait to hold her in my arms and bring her home, and will willingly and gladly leave that donation behind for the children I am leaving behind , and there are many.
Also on that note, I am having a Holiday Open House in October where there will be lots of goodies and items to help get you started on your holiday shopping. If you would like to donate items to sell, I would SO appreciate it! There will be lots of fun baskets and candles and Pampered Chef and Jewelry, and other tables, so plan on coming out! I will post more on that later:)
Thanks for being so supportive.......I have the best family and friends ever. I know, through many sleepless nights and prayer, that she is meant to be in our family. It's a long story, but we both feel , and have felt for some time that someone is missing when we kneel around the couch for family prayer or gather around the table for dinner. So crazy as one more will be, it's right for us and we are very happy to get her home where she belongs.

2 comments:

The Hermyzoo! said...

I am bringing the homemade fudge(there are manys kinds that I make). It was kinda sorta a business we were involved in. Peanut butter is my favorite along with cherry chocolate. I also love to make a homemade fresh salsa. You let me know when and I will be there with the goods!!!! OH, I so meant to ask you about the food coaching. Please tell me more about it and what you actually do as a food coach! I will get to you on the donations on payday ;) Oh, actually my BUS needs a major bath, you just might wish you didn't tell me about the car wash. See ya then

Janet Seto said...

Hi Marianne,
What is the name of the orphanage you are going through? My husband will be in China in a few weeks and maybe he can check it out. We'd also be open to looking into adopting from there. My husband is ethnically Chinese, so it would be great for us! Right now we are adopting locally, but we are ALL into the idea of adopting from China too! We have a 5 year old daughter, Madison. Her sister, Katie, died a couple of days after she was born. She would love to have some siblings!! So would we. Again, I'm Lana Payne's cousin. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Janet