Saturday, October 24, 2009

So sick of this....


I am officially whining! I am going to vent right now so bear with me or click away from this blog right this minute!!! I am so tired of going to bed at night without Lola! Who is tucking her in at night? Is she having a good day? Is she behaving? (yes, that is already going thru my mind haha) Is she wondering if we are ever going to get there? Is she wondering if we still want her? She has said that "other friends of hers are already home with their families"...:( WE ARE READY!!! Mia HATES going to bed alone in her room. Lola will be her roommate....
I have washed, folded or hung her little clothes more than once. I picked up a couple more hair bows for her...ones with headbands because her head is most likely shaved:( It's flu season....has she been well? Has she been not feeling well and is having to just take it like a brave little girl without a momma to hold her and help her feel better with books, warm, herb tea and some tylenol ??? Is it getting cold there yet? NONE of the orphanages have any heat...so is she cold. Do they have a warm coat for her? Does she get to have warm socks on at night? There is nothing worse than sleeping with no sox when it's cold...
She is living in an institution.....I HATE to think about that..a big giant day care essentially....never having your family come to get you at the end of any given day. I HATE thinking about that but I do....all day long!!
I guess I am at the end of my adoption pregnancy....I have done this both ways 3 times. I have to say that emotionally, THIS is so much harder. My baby is on the other side of the planet!!!!!!!!
ok...I guess I am done for now. We will hopefully get Travel Approval in 6 weeks...then we are off to China. We will keep you all posted!By the way...this picture is of an orphanage in China ...I don't think it's Lola's and Lola isn't in this picture..I just think everyone needs to see, study, take in a picture like this every now and again. It's very real, the need, the orphans who need homes, please, if you have any room in your heart for one more ...don't hesitate..it's amazing and frankly nothing short of a miracle for all involved!

8 comments:

Love for Lilly Yin said...

I am so sorry your heart is heavy. I know you know in a short time you will hold your sweet girl and all those feelings will be history. i felt this way too while waiting for Lilly. I found myself looking at the clock thinking well now it is X time in China and Lilly is probably doing x. Especially in the middle of the night.

Lilly keeps asking if we can go back and adopt Lou Lou. She is still at JinHua. I would go back tomorrow if I could. Maybe one day....

The Hermyzoo! said...

WOW-you couldn't have said it better. The heavy heart of a loving adoptive mother yearning to have have her baby with her! Thanks so much for keeping it real, for laying it out there and for helping everyone realize what does go through your mind. Adoptions are trying, they are difficult and the motions are real all day everyday. I think so many just think it's easy, that there's no hard work involved. Yes, we don't give birth but let me tell ya there's nothing easy about knowing your child/children are 10000 of miles away and you have to sit and wait on paperwork. Thanks so much for posting. I wish I could mend your heart, this trial with be but for short time and will help you love and appreciate every waking moment you get with Lola the minute she comes home. I know know that, to bad it doesn't make it any easier huh! Thinking of you and praying for you :)

Andrea Hardman said...

My cousin Jessica Crane posted something about your blog on Facebook and I just ordered the packet you were offering. I am inspired by your family. We hope to be able to adopt someday too. Thanks for your posts. I'll be watching your blog in anticipation of the happy day you bring her home!

marianne said...

Thanks guys so much for humoring me..I am increasingly wimpy as time marches on!
Thanks Andrea for your order. I am excited to help people get healthy and help my daughter's orphanage at the same time.
Yes, it was hard to leave Jinhua without Lou lou.(a girl in my son's orphanage in China) It was hard to leave any of them behind!

Marilyn said...

Oh Mare, I know how much you love all your children but what a hard thing to know that one of them, your youngest little Lola, is going to bed everynight without hearing her 4 crazy brothers, 1 beautiful sister and 2 loving parents tell her they love her! She will have so much love and warmth to surround her when you bring her home. Know the Lord is watching over her and keeping her safe, just waiting for mommy and daddy to come get her! Love you Mare!

marianne said...

Thanks Marilyn.. Sometimes I for get that The Lord loves her infinitely and I need not worry..it's just SO hard. Thanks for reminding me to trust a little more:) love ya!

Steph said...

Hang in there! I remember myself about a year ago, and I felt the same way. It's so hard to wait and worry but eventually it works out perfectly.
Can I still do the $25 weight loss plan? I'd love to try it and would like to tell others about it too.
Stephenie
(Grace's mom in Utah)

marianne said...

Stephanie,
Yes you can still get a weight los packet. I am wondering WHY you want one though:) Skinny minnie!!!
If you do just go put it in the Chip in on my blog that says orphanage donation and it will automaticaly send my computer your order and shipping label.
I loved seeing you and your daughters this summer. WE MUST get together again soon!!!