Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lola with Mom and Dad




(from two different e-mails, the first part of this post sent earlier in the week)

Hello all. We have had a bit of a problem with internet so it has taken a
bit to send pictures. I hope they get through.

Lola talks non stop and is healthy and beautiful as could be. She is not sure about me but adores her baba and they are two peas in a pod. It is typical as she was very close with her nanny. Daddy says I'll grow on her!!hha very funny.

She is very extroverted and even shook the hand of the man in the elevator this morning. She is stubborn as all get out!! She likes HER clothes that she came in and REFUSES to take them off! She comes unglued! SO, we are just patiently trying to keep her clean while she keeps her "security" in tact:) We have to go on a city tour now. We love you so much...all of our supportive and wonderful family and friends.


(2nd e-mail with more pictures sent Wednesday, January 6, 2009)We are getting very homesick for the kids. We are one week through and the last week always goes by so fast. I hope and pray it’s the same this time. We fly to Guangzhou tomorrow. It’s a short flight...only 2 hours. It’s warmer there and is very familiar.



Nanjing has been amazing. So much history. It was the capital of China before it was moved to Beijing about 600 yrs ago. In many ways it is more rich in culture than Beijing.




The people are so dear and we have has many well wishers and curious locals.
Xiao Qi is doing well. She is getting homesick for her orphanage and her nanny she calls big mama.


I was able to meet big mama who was also grieving hard at the parting of her long time baby… Xiao Qi was a favorite in her orphanage and is known to be very spoiled and very bossy…So far they are right on. She is a good girl though and is happy as long as baba is around.

She is not too keen on momma yet as she has told us that “my big mama likes me” .
I am grateful she has had such a strong bond early in life and I hear this actually is good news for attatching to me. All my friends who have been through this say give her a few weeks and she’ll be on me like glue. She did warm up to me this afternoon when I took her shoe shopping. She got to pick out her very own shoes and I gave her some money to give to the shop keeper. She was all smiles and quickly took my hand to go find the next shop!! THAT’s progress!!



Kiss my kids for me. I miss them terribly and cannot wait to be all together as a family. Family is everything!! I am so happy our final piece to our picture is finally with us.
Loves from Nanjing!!!

13 comments:

Love for Lilly Yin said...

I am not sure if you remember but Lilly did the same thing with clothes and the same thing with BABA. She is beautiful and you are right everything will be fine in time..I love her Plesant Goat and the Big Big wolf toboggan hat...its Lillys favorite show.

Amy said...

Marianne!!! So happy to see you on your blog!! I love ALL the pictures. She is just gorgeous and she is smiling at you in the pictures!!! So happy that you were able to go shopping with her. I sure you 3 girls will spend lots of time doing that when you get home!! Have a wonderful trip and keep posting when you can!!

Sharon said...

Marianne, Lola is absolutely gorgeous. Praying that she will bond quickly with both of you. I know it hurts to see her grieve but it's a good thing.

Hugs!
Sharon

chris said...

Wow. I'm all teary. I'm excited Lola will be home soon and in my primary class!!! Thanks for sharing some photos. It's a hoot she's so attached to Jarrod so fast. What a blessing she will be for your family.

Jackie said...

Marianne,

It's great to finally see some long awaited photos of you three together, just love the pictures. Lola is gorgeous!! My Ciara has a huge huge love of all things shoes, not once has she missed an opportunity to look at them in whatever store we visit, lol. Enjoy the rest of your week in Guangzhou!!

Steph said...

Yeah! It's great to see some pictures and updates on your first days with Lola. Enjoy your time in Guangzhou. We loved the shopping street behind our Holiday Inn. I recommend the pizza at Papa Johns there-it was wonderful! It's just a short walk off the island and well worth it for fast food and shopping.

Lola is beautiful and I know she will be so happy with her new family. I can't wait to meet her at our next CHI campout! Blessings,
Stephenie

Marcy said...

Marianne,
So happy to see an update ;) Another gorgeous Mallory girl! You guys are in my prayers.

Hugs,
Marcy in KY

AGNES said...

Hello Marianne, happy for you and Lola. What a beautiful and smiling girl ! Kisses from her friend Xiao Jin ( Siao Dieen ).Jin rejected me throughout the trip and only wanted her father and sister, very attached to her nanny (big mama too) and said she did not want another mama. She was afraid that I leave like other mamas had done the day of the meeting and began to focus on me in the back of the plane and since it is a real sticky! No problem with attachment, she knows who is her family!I think it's because she was very loved at orphanage. She did not leave her clothes except for the bath she loved and we made the transition at her own pace. At home it was very difficult not to dress her in several layers of clothing as the orphanage, even in bright sunlight, but 10 months after, the reverse, it is we who say when she is dressed not enough! I found Jin very much in what you say about Lola! It's not for nothing they were friends! Enjoy your stay in Guangzhou and welcome back.

Agnes

Geanie said...

Finally!!! I have been patiently waiting for pictures. She is beautiful!!!! Zaid prefered Chris over me in the beginning but now he loves his mommy. Can't wait to. Meet her. Good luck with everything.

Marilyn said...

I've been checking your blog everyday waiting for some photos! I am so happy for you and your beautiful Lola! She IS the perfect piece to finish your family! What a blessing to finally be together! Can't wait to meet her, enjoy the rest of your trip cuz there will be no resting when you get home, LOL!

Melissa said...

She is sooo cute! She sounds like she's going to be so much fun! Congrats! The pictures are so fun! :)

Extraordinary Housewife said...

Been impatiently waiting for pics. I am so happy you have her and can't wait for you to get home.
Lana

Amy said...

Glad to hear you made it to Guangzhou!! Lots more mommy shopping bonding to be done!! Where are you staying? Can't wait to read/see more!!