Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Yes my plate is full but....






I have heard non stop this past year..WHY would you adopt again? Why do that to yourself? Your plate is already full. Someone else will go get her... believe me I have heard it all!!! I have also heard many many people who "get it" say quite the opposite and we have had enormous support. I was holding Xiao Qi this morning and just in awe becasue this kid is ALWAYS smiling! She is the happiest little girl! Her disposition is so bright that it can't help but make ANYONE smile. How did I get so lucky again?? It didn't take long to realize how my kids were my kids because of my Heavenly Father. How does he know what I need at that time? How does he bless me with just the right trial at just the right time then reward me with so many blessings I so do not deserve??? HOW does he pull that off with such perfect timing and love? HE knows me!!! HE knows me!!!! I want the world to know that YES my plate is full but I have chosen very carefully what is ON my plate with the help and grace of my Heavenly Father...so I am the lucky one.
Here are some more pictures of our trip to China. The perfect way to complete our family.

6 comments:

Love for Lilly Yin said...

Beautiful post...yes your plate is full...maybe someone else would have adopted her, but she as meant to be with you. Blessings to your sweet family!

Steph said...

I couldn't have put it better! Don't you love it when people say things like "So, what made you want to adopt?" I would never say to a pregnant mom, "Why do you want to have another child?" It's crazy but some people don't have a clue!! Only we can know, with our trust and prayers to Heavenly Father. I'm so happy for you!!
Stephenie

marianne said...

Thanks guys.. it's something I wish everyone could feel just for a minute... if they could , there would be no orphans in the world..

carol said...

Your post really touched my heart!
Thank you for being you. I love you.
Only you, Jarrod and Heavenly Father know what you can handle and what is best for your family. You know you are very special to me. I can hardly wait to meet Lola Bonnie. What a smile she has!! Love to all, Carol

marianne said...

Aunt Carol,
Thank you so much for that. I am in tears. You mean the world to me as well and I can't wait for Lola to meet her grandma Carol! I hope it's sooner than later:)
love you,
Mare

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Hi Marianne! She is just darling! So many people are ignorant to the world outside their small bubble. I am constantly amazed at the unawareness people have. We are so blessed to be part of the bigger picture, I am so grateful for our awareness and the blessings these beautiful children are! Is she taking to Lola yet? Tell her Si Si's ma ma says Ni Hao!