Friday, June 20, 2008

We're leavin' on a jet plane...............


I am THRILLED to announce that after 6 months of paperchasing and longing to be with our son, we have finally jumped through the last hoop and we are leaving in 11 days!!!!! We have our flights arranged and our bags are starting to get packed. We are floating around here with huge grins as we know Jonah will be with us very soon. We will leave for China July 2nd and arrive July 3rd. We fly into Guangzhou and will stay there for a night. The we will take a train to Shanghai where we will spend two days then finally on to Hangzhou, Zhejiang China where we will be given our son on July 7th! The Chinese say that Hangzhou is "Heaven on Eath". It will actually be the 6th in the US that day which is my BIRTHDAY!! So what better gift? The timing has been smooth and everything has fallen into place impecably. We have been so blessed. Don't you worry......Jonah has been packed for 2 months now and I have enjoyed throwing fun stuff in his suitcase every now and again these last several weeks as I wait.. He is packed in one of his Grandma Bonnie's suitcases. I figured she doesn't need it in Heaven and it will be a way to remind us she is with us for this big event in our lives. So off I go for now, I have plenty to do to prepare for the trip! We will post video every day from China so you all can follow our amazing journey to Jonah! Cheers!!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh my gosh!!! It feels like forever since I have talked to you!!! I miss you tons but I am ecstatic for you and your big news!! Wow, the time has really come for our little Jonah to come HOME! As I sit here bauling I am reminded of the AMAZING and EXTRAORDINARY friends and women in Burley! Jonah is going to have some wonderful "surrogate" mommies! I don't know if I'll ever make it back but I love you and wish you all the best of luck with your journey. Let me know when you are home...I could even pick you up at the airport! ha ha

Emily said...

Yeah Mare!! The time has finally arrived. I am so excited for you guys, and can't wait to meet Jonah.