Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jonah is a HAM

We have had quite a day! We went to his SWI and our boy wouldn't even look at us all the way there. He was silent! He had a good time once we got there and saw his best friend Jin Pei and all the other kids. He passed out the toys we bought yesterday for the SWI as well as some candy and cookies. He took Jin Pei's backpack and made a beeline from the parking lot to Jin Pei. Sooo cute!He was very proud to be passing out the goods to everyone! He was very meticulous and made sure no one was left out! OK, so it was time to go. We got to stay a long time. I got lots of pictures and video ( I will post them soon-just have to figure out why they won't leave my computer). I got to hug and kiss all the kids. The director was very kind and let me ask about each one and was eager to share any information. OK- so as I said, it was now time to go andI was wondering how he would be-would he want to stay? Did he spend a day with us and decide it wasn't working for him? He had been soooo cold all day. I just wasn't sure! Well, he waved good bye like nothing, climbed in the van, climbed up on my lap !! Not really a snuggle but more than I had gotten all day:) Well, it took about 30 minutes and he BURST INTO SONG!!!!! He sang and sang and sang! It was so cute. Then he started feeding everyone, making silly faces and started to talk about "Diego" (the boy on Jin Pei's backpack) For two hours he would not stop! Our Jonah has shown his hammy side and is happy I think to be with us. What a brave little boy!

3 comments:

Mom2Three said...

Jin Pei's mama here!!!!
I can't WAIT for the photos and the videos -- but don't drive yourself nuts!!
You will be in Guangzhou soon!!!
We love you!!!!
Jonah looks GREAT!!!!!!
Cynthia
underthemistymountain.blogspot.com

Angi said...

Autumn was very quiet going to the SWI, and very quiet there. She perked up a little when we ate lunch in Jinhua. I was wondering if she would rather be there, or did she think we were returning her???? Well when we headed home she was all smiles. Made me feel much better, obviously her too.

Glad things are going well.
Angi

Marilyn said...

Oh wow! I am so excited for you! You look absolutely beaming and happy to be getting your "boy"! I can't wait to finally meet him and see hime with your family. I"m sure it will take some time to adjust but he will absolutely love Burley and all the room on the sod farm to play. He will be in heaven! Let me know when you're home so I can come visit! Love you tons!!!