Monday, April 20, 2009

Just so grateful


I decided after a tearful converstion on the phone with my sister Paige last Thursday afternoon that I would hop on the nearest airplane and fly to cali to help her move. She is prego with her 3rd baby and should not be lifting and really needed some help. I felt so helpless talking to her, living clear in Idaho, until I remembered that I CAN do something about it. I got an on line plane ticket and was off to Salt Lake within 8 hours! How grateful I am to live in a time of "Jet Blue"!
Erica picked me up from the airport and we went straight to Paige's house and went right to work. Thanks E for helping on the spur of the moment like that. You are the best! This just made me so grateful for our family. I love my sis and would walk the Earth for her and I know she'd do the same for me. FAMILY IS EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! I know I sometimes am wondering at the end of the day why I wanted a big family. Then I remember that I gave them EACHOTHER, that The Lord gave them eachother and that is priceless. THAT is worth every sleepless night, every mess, every crazy sunday morning trying to get everyone's teeth brushed for church ( not to mention trying to find 2 matching shoes for all 5 kids) . Life begins and ends with family. I am so excited for our little daughter who is waiting in China for her mommy and daddy. I love her so much already and can't wait to hold her in our arms.
Sorry, I think I am babbling now. Just for the record, this is how this mom feels today. Just so grateful.
Mare- mom to SIX fantastic kids!
ps........ Our little girl is the cutie in the middle with the blue shirt with red writing! She is SO a Mallory!

3 comments:

Jaimee said...

So I thought I'd finally leave a comment :o) I didn't know you were adopting another little one... Congrats! She really is beautiful!

Sarah Stokes said...

Wow, I really am so happy for you Mare, you deserve all the great things that come with 6 kids. You said you would walk the earth for your sister, I think you would do it for anyone and everyone who needed you ! You are one of a kind, I can't even tell you what our "talks" have meant, thank you so much for always listening to me especially when all I do is vent:)

The Evans Family said...

Six kids! Wow, you are going to have a houseful and a heartful! congratulations, she is beautiful!