Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pumpkin Cheesecake for my Pumpkin

 


We got GREAT news this week that the US Consulate in Guangzhou, China did a super speedy job of getting Lola's preliminary Visa processed so we are at the LAST stop and we should have travel approval in two weeks!!! It is unbelievable how our home is buzzing with the excitement of having sister home........FINALLY!
I am very grateful for the sucess of the fundraisers we have done so far for the orphanage donation. I recently inquired if Lola had a favorite toy and a favorite food. The director of the orphanage said that they are so limited on toys there is not much opportunity for a favorite....same with food..they are so limited on the food they can offer because there is so little money . My heart BROKE into a thousand pieces. I am anxious to get there and see what I can do.... This Saturday my friend Lana is having a Christmas Boutique where lots of fun gift items will be sold . I am making pumpkin cheesecakes for the event and hope to raise some if the dollars I still need to raise before we leave. I also have been making jewelry at night and hope to offer something for everyone. It really is so pretty and I have had fun with it. I am also hoping to have some recipe books there also . Lana is also going to have a "make and take" craft as well as hair flowers/bows, cards and stamps,floral arrangements,and the best part...free food:) So if you live in the area, COME BY!! It's at 374 E. 150 S. Burley (4 doors down from me) this Saturday ..Nov. 14th from 10-2:00.By the way......my pumpkin Cheesecake recipe is The Cheesecake Factory's recipe!! Can you say DIVINE?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: