Monday, May 12, 2008

Our baby boy is OK


You may have heard of the devastating earthquake in China . It has killed thousands of people including many ,many children. The province and surrounding provinces has had schools aand hospitals crumble to the ground, all full of unsuspecting children. I am so saddened thinking how many villages are totally wiped out, probably forever. I am aching for the parents who have lost their only child(as you are allowed only 1). My heart hurts for those who are still waiting for help in remote towns where all they can do is watch their loved ones die. Please pray for these people. We are after all, all brothers and sisters. Jonah's orphanage is ok and all is well there. They probably felt it , but they did not sustain any damage. Many have been concerned about the virus going rampant there and the safety of our precious waiting children. I will have an answer soon about the status of his orphanage. I feel in my heart he is well and will be protected until we can bring him home.

2 comments:

Forest said...

Mare,
Thank you for posting that. I tried calling you when I heard. I have been thinking about Jonah all day! Glad to hear that his orphanage is ok.

Paige

Marilyn said...

As I watch the news here in Portugal, I have been wondering and praying that all is okay with your little Jonah. Jeff and I were discussing all of the "new orphans" this disaster has caused. Very sad!! I will be coming to Burley on June 4 so I hope to spend a few days and get caught up with all of you and share photos from our trip. We have had a great time but I am ready to come home....I miss my children so much. Thanks for sharing the good news about Jonah, we keep praying you will get him home soon.